Thursday, April 02, 2009

Understanding

Before having Ewok, I would always wonder how any mother could leave her child. I'm not talking about ones who gave them up for adoption as soon as they were born, but the ones who had started to raise their children and then suddenly abandoned them with their fathers (or other relatives).

In some cases it is because they really don't care about their kids any more, their own happiness is more important to them, and I'll never understand that.

However, I'm starting to understand that some of them genuinely believe that their children and their fathers will be better off without them, that they are screwing motherhood up so badly that it would be better for all concerned if they just left.

I'm not saying that what they believe is right, in most cases I suspect it's far from it. Just that some days I can see how they end up feeling that way.