Sunday, June 29, 2008

I have no willpower

I mentioned in a previous post that once I'd finished a current stitching WIP that I'd be starting a new piece from Victoria Sampler, specifically Sweet Pea Gazebo. Well I haven't finished the WIP, but I've started SPG anyway.

I did put a few more stitches into my WIP first, but then deicided I didn't have the drive to stitch on it at the moment. I also stitched a load of speciality stitch samples for a new product that I currently have in development, which I'm hoping to get into the shop in the next couple of weeks.

So back to SPG. I had a dig around in my kitted up folders and found that not only did I have the chart and silks pack but I had the Trebizond pack for it as well, which I'd forgotten about. I bought it all off a fellow stitcher several years ago, filed it away and then forgot about it. Anyway, this meant that all I needed to get going was some fabric, and to dig out a ball of #12 white Perle.

When I bought the fabric for HAS I got half a metre, just in case I messed up the hardanger section and needed to start over. I didn't and so I had a large piece of 28 count cream Quaker Cloth sitting around waiting to be used. I decided to cut off a length of it and dye it up to use for SPG. I dyed it a spotty mix of pale green, purple and pink, trying to give the impression of sweet peas, and I think it came out rather well. I need to try it out again on some Lugana, but if it works out I'll be adding the colour to the shop range, probably called Sweet Pea.