Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The car is well

The car is fixed. The garage managed to clean up the brake pads, so it didn't cost me more than they said initially *yay* Now I just have to take it easy until the money comes through to pay for the new one.

Now it's my poor Ewok who's poorly. His started running a temperature yesterday evening, and despite two doses of Calpol before betime it wasn't showing any signs of coming down again. He woke me up at 3:15am being restless and cranky in his sleep and I managed to get another dose of medicine into him without really waking him up, then took his temp again and it was up to 38.7C (101.5F). I managed to settle him by dabbing the back of his neck, face and feet with a cold wet muslin, but he was fairly restless for the remainder of the night, meaning that I didn't get much sleep. Then he woke up at 8:15 this morning and refused to go back to sleep again, even after another dose of Calpol.

His temperature is still a little higher than it should be, but at least it's lower than in the night. I'm just hoping he can be persuaded to take a couple of naps today, so that I can catch up too.