Thursday, July 26, 2007

No go and full speed ahead.

No go.

My car is in the garage and waiting for a part. Apprently it's unsafe to drive, as the oil has been spraying all over the brake pads on the right side of the car and they are now soaked, making them dangerous.

It's going to cost at least £165 to fix, not including the brake pads. Just what I needed. NOT!

At least the weekend trip is still going ahead. We've booked a hire car which we've got until Tuesday morning, so we don't have to rush back on the Monday. Hopefully my car will be done by Tuesday and I won't be stuck in the house, although going to pick it up might be interesting.

Full speed ahead.

In other news Ewok has started walking without holding on. He took his first independant step about a week ago and since then there's been no stopping him. He can now take up to 10 steps before gravity gets the better of him. Of course he looks like an extra from Shaun of the Dead while he's doing it, but the cheesy grin makes up for that.

In honour of this milestone he's gettting an early birthday present from his Grandma and Grandad (my folks) of a Babywalker with bricks. I've had this in his wishlist waiting for him to start walking and was going to buy it for him, but when I told my mum about it she said they'd get it for him. After all, it's only a little bit early, it's only a few weeks to his first birthday. I can't believe it's come around so soon.