Friday, June 08, 2007

Weekend away

I'm going away for a long weekend of stitching. There are 20 of us descending on some holiday cottages in the Derbyshire Dales for a weekend without families, men or housework.

This has been planned for over a year and I'm really looking forward to it, and yet the closer I get, the more I'm thinking that I'm going to miss my menfolk, especially Ewok. It's the first time that I've left him with Wookiee for more than a couple of hours. Not that I'm worried that Wookiee can't cope, although I don't think it's going to be as easy for him as he thinks it is. I've just not been apart from my little man and I'm worried that I won't cope. However there's at least one other person going who I know will understand, so I'll have a sympathetic shoulder should I need one.

I'm taking all my dyeing kit with me as I've offered lessons to anyone who wishes to 'have a go', I may yet regret that offer, I'll let you know next week.

In other news, it was mine and Wookie's 5th anniversary on Sunday and we both completely forgot *lol*. This is not a wedding anniversary (we're not married *gasp*), it's the anniversary of the day we started dating. I can't believe it's been five years, it feels like much much longer *grin*

Right, "Time for bed" said Zebedee.