Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am a mole, and I live in a...

...box?



This is my latest 'rescue', it being that time of year once again. The time when the new arrivals in the world of fauna take their first tottering steps, hops or flights into the world. Only to be pounced on by one of my cats.

I was in the utility room doing another batch of dyeing, when I heard the squeaking of some poor hapless furry thing out in the hallway. Rushing out to see what small rodent they'd caught this time, I was greeted with a total absence of moggies, nary a fuzzbutt in sight. Then I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and spotted this fellow scurrying round the base of their scratching post. I quickly scooped him up and popped him in a very handy nearby box. I don't know how long he'd been hiding behind or under something. It must have been a while for the cats to have given up waiting.

Anyway, I took the requisite photo's before taking him outside and releasing him back into the garden. Unfortunately due to his scurrying around, this is the only one that came out well.