Friday, July 06, 2007

I Quit!

That's right, today I quit *glee*

What I actually did was write my letter of resignation and took it down to the post office to send recorded delivery, so my boss should find it on his desk on Monday morning.

This all came about because I finally got a letter from work yesterday by recorded delivery, saying that they were quite concerned that they hadn't heard from me, after their previous letter (what letter?), regarding my return to work after my maternity leave. This finally gave me the kick up the bum that I needed to get in touch with HR and find out what my options were and what penalties, if any, there would be if I didn't return to work at least for a little while.

Turns out that there are no penalties imposed (not by my company anyway), all I have to do is give them one months notice. I'm supposed to be going back to work in less than a month, but because here in the UK your holiday time accrues even while you're on maternity leave, I have enough days that I don't have to go back. In fact they have to pay me for any unused holiday. Which I calculate is nearly 18 days, and quite a nice chunk of money, which should mostly (if not all) be tax free. Certainly enough to pay the bills for another few months.

All of this now means I'm going to officially be a WAHM and focus on building up the jewellery, fabric, thread and xs designs business whilst wrangling my ever more active son.

It also means that in order to have any personal spending money I need the business to make more money, so go and buy my stuff *grin*

I'm also having a bit of a personal stash clearout, not just stitching stuff but scrapbooking items as well. These are all going on ebay and here's a linky for you if you're interested ==> LINKY