Tuesday, May 22, 2007

No, no, no, no, no!

Seems to be all I'm saying these days. Now Ewok is well and truely on the move he's getting into everything. We've already had to move all the media electronics to shelves on the wall, from their previous location which was under the telly.

I don't want to be saying no to him all the time, but it seems as though that's all I do. The little ratbag has decided, that despite the miriad of toys available for him to play with, what he really wants to do is:
a) Stand in front of the telly and pat the screen.
b) Go bin diving and chew on whatever he manages to pull out.
c) Chase the kitties (I don't mind this one, they can run)
d) Pull up on my legs and yank my stitching lap tray off my knee, scissors and all!
e) Escape from the room by shoving the barrier out of the way (we don't have a fixed gate yet, just a panel from his playpen leaning across the doorway)

He's attempting (e) at the moment. He only tends to get really enthusiastic about this if he's on his own in the room, or if the cats are eating. Their food bowls are clearly in sight through the fence, so he trys to combine (e) with (c).

Last night we were back to him waking up once and crying for ages. Each time I got him settled and then left him and sat on the bed waiting to be sure he was properly asleep before getting comfy myself. Because of my back and joint problems this is easier on me than getting back into bed properly only to have to get up again 5 mins later. I had to repeat this routine every 5-10 mins for about an hour until he finally went back to sleep for good and I got back to bed.

We're both pretty shattered this morning though. He didn't go to bed until 2am, I didn't go up until 3am and we were going through the motions between 4:30 and 5:30am. That wouldn have been fine if the builders hadn't decided to start work on next door's extension this morning. They woke me up at 9:30am dismantling the porch. Ewok slept through, but I decided to get him up at about 10:30am in an attepmt to get him to bed at a more normal time tonight.

He also finally has his first tooth! About bloody time with all the teething he's been doing for the last 4 months. I noticed it last night when he was chomping on my finger. It felt sharper than usual and after much squirming and wriggling on his part and poking of fingers into mouth on may part I saw a little cut in his bottom gum at the front, and a wee bitty of white peeping through.