Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm undecided about spots

First off; an honourable mention to anyone who knows which BBC TV series the title of my post comes from.

Now to the spots.

Ewok and I are currently waiting to see if we have the dreaded lurgi. In this case the lurgi in question in Chicken Pox. I found out at this weeks' Baby Club (on Monday) that one of the other babies there came down with CP the day after the previous weeks' Baby Club.

This wouldn't be too much of a problem for Ewok. I'd rather he got it now (if he's going to) and get it all over and done with while he's too young to remember it, and before he gets into the full blown 'man flu' behaviour when he's ill.

The real problem is that, as far as I know, I've never had CP. When everyone in my junior school had it (some 30 kids) I was the only one that escaped. I may have had it so mildly as to not notice, or I may be naturally immune, or I may just have been phenomenally lucky. When I was pregnant I was told that if I came into comtact with CP then they would test me for immunity, but it was never an issue, so I still have no idea if I'm safe or not. TBH it would be nice if I could just get tested and then I could stop being so worried about coming into contact with it, or maybe more worried, depending on the results!

IIRC the incubation period for CP is 10-14 days, so we should know by this Monday if we've escaped or not.