Friday, September 01, 2006

Stitching update

Thought I may as well get this post in now. I've had quite a good month on the stitching front.

First off: I finished Fairy Tale Sampler on the new fabric (still available in the shop)...


Then I started and finished Shamrock Needleroll by the Sweetheart Tree. This is just the stitching, I haven't quite finish finshed it yet. It just needs the ribbon and the stuffing.

The chart recommended an emerald green heart charm but I found the shamrock treasure on the Mill Hill site and thought it was much more appropriate.

Finally I got around to something I've been meaning to do for a while now. I've had the idea for a range of designs based on tribal tattoos kicking around in my head, and I recently thought that they would also be a great way to introduce people to stitching with overdyed threads. Anyway I put together the design and then stitched the first in the series, Tribal Gecko:

It's stitched using one of my own overdyes which I've called Gecko. The cover photo's are on order and I'm in the process of putting the charts and instructions together for publishing, so I hope to have charts and kits (just chart and thread) in my shop by the end of the month, Ewok permitting of course. I've also started work on the next two designs in the range which will be a butterfly and a dragonfly.

(Note: all images are clickable to see bigger ones)