Thursday, September 07, 2006

Not yet...

As the ticker says, I'm now officially overdue.

I was having contractions all day yesterday but so far apart and irregular that I'm pretty sure they were still good old Braxton Hicks. Especially since they seem to have left me alone during the night. Still, should be a good sign right?

I have a special session booked with my reflexologist for this afternoon where she's going to try some of the techniques to get labour started. According to various things I've read, this can be quite effective, but is NOT to be attempted until after ones due date.

Tomorrow morning (if there's still no movement) I'm back at the hospital for my final scan. I saw my midwife on Monday and she advised that I go with the stretch and sweep this time around, if it's offered. She did say that if the exam shows that I'm far enough along to do it, they might just admit me and break my waters straight away. So I've got to take my bag with me tomorrow, which means I suppose I have to finish packing it today. Yes, I'm THAT organised *grin*

After my last post, Heather asked if I have any dark green overdyes in my repertoire yet. The answer at the moment is no, I'm afraid. Mainly because I've been working with a selection of only eight dye colours up until now, and only one of them was a green one. However a couple of weeks ago I did order several more colours of dye, including (IIRC) three more greens. Not sure when I'll be getting around to trying them out, but I'll be sure to post when there's some new colours to be seen in the shop. After all, here is one of the few places I'm advertising at the moment.

And finally...

I didn't notice until now but my last post was actually my 300th! Can't believe I've managed to spout that much drivel over the last couple of years, but there you go. At least there's plenty in the archives to nose through over the next couple of weeks as posting may well be sporadic for a time. Can't imagine why...