Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Blooming fed-up

It’s unbelievable the dearth of maternity wear for people over a size 20 here in the UK.

Before I became en-bumped I was around a UK size 22/24. Now all I want is a pair of over-the-bump jeans suitable for the third trimester and maybe a couple of more fitted tops, you know, so I actually look pregnant instead of fat.

Buggered if I can find any though!

Most of the high street shops that do maternity wear only go up to a size 20. The plus size shops inexplicably don’t do maternity wear, and even most of the online places that advertise plus size only go up to a 20. I’ve actually gone so far as to email Evans and ask them why they don’t do a maternity range.

At the moment I’m wearing an old pair of jeans that are a US size 22 (UK 24), but they’re miles too big round my thighs and bum, they just make me look like a sack of spuds from the back.

I have ordered two pairs of trousers from the one place I found that goes up to a UK 22, FunMum, although they actually call it XXXL, but I won’t be at all surprised if I have to return them for being too small. Ah well, I live in hope.

I have found several places in the USA that do a wide range of proper plus size maternity, but frankly I don’t want to spend $18 shipping and then end up having to return them if they don’t fit.

Is it too much to ask to look pregnant instead of fat *sniff*