Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bleargh

Before you start wondering whatinhell I'm doing posting at this time of day, I'm on call this week and 20 mins ago I was rudely awoken by the call-out phone bleating at me.

The best bit is when the ops guy started reading the blurb off the screen in front of him and he gets to the bit that reads 'Call out the XYZ troubleshooter even though it looks like it's the ABC system that's failed', with me being the troubleshooter for the ABC system.

You know I do wish these guys would notice these things before they wake me up at you'vegottobefreakingjoking am. Ok, so I get an hours call-out pay for this, woo!, but I'd much rather have a night of uninterrupted sleep right now, I haven't had too many of those lately.

Anyway, here I sit waiting for the ops to call me back to confirm that the XYZ troubleshooter was indeed the poor sod to call and not me, so I can go back to bed for the rest of the night.