Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Good things

Well I had another look at the shop opening process on Ebay yesterday and, either I’m going mad (probably), or they changed it back again, but now I only need a rating of 10 to open a shop. Well I’ve had that for months now *grr*

So hopefully this means that Sparklies UK will be open for business soon. I’ve asked a friend of mine, who is a graphic designer, if he’d be up for doing me some nifty graphics and a logo for my shop and auction pages, and a button for my blog. I’m waiting for him to get back to me on that.

I was wondering was if any of you would be willing to pop the button on your blog or website for me? You wouldn’t even have to host the graphic yourself, I have somewhere it can go. I can’t offer any incentives at the moment, other than a reciprocal link to your blog/website from here (if I don’t already have one) but, depending on how well it takes off, I may be able to offer up a little thank you in the future. Just leave me a comment if you’d be up for it and I’ll make a note. It’ll likely be a couple of weeks yet before everything’s ready.

On the subject of thank you pressies, I got one myself yesterday in the post. A friend that I’ve been helping to bring over to the dark side of pedigree cat owning was so grateful to me for encouraging her to purchase not one, but two pampered pedigree pusses, that she sent me a couple of things from my stitchy wishlist. Butterfly Fairies and a couple of skeins of Caron silks for Shroomhilde. This is the first time that anyone has sent me goodies out of the blue and I can tell you it’s a wonderful feeling. It certainly wasn’t necessary, I love subverting people as far as kitties are concerned, but it was a lovely and generous thing to do and I was quite overwhelmed. You know who you are, thank you again.