Wednesday, June 22, 2005

IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD!

Choosing a username should not be this difficult, it just shouldn’t. FOUR AND A HALF HOURS. That’s how long we spent yesterday evening debating the issue, coming up with possible candidates, trying them out, removing the ones that had been taken, rejoicing over the ones that were still available and then ultimately rejecting all of those because, to quote Wookie, ‘There must be something better than those’

Ok I admit it’s partly my fault that we don’t have one this morning. We had actually settled on Wormwood (we were going through categories of words and poisonous plants was one of them, ok) it was available and he said ok then, go ahead, at which point I opened my big gob and said ‘Oh what, like Wormwood Scrubs!’ BING! Off the list it goes *grr*

So we still don’t have broadband. Another attempt will be made come the weekend.

Yesterday’s post was really intended to be a little tongue-in-cheek. More about sneaky surfing at work than a complaint about anyone’s blog template. Quite a few of you have expressed a desire for this skinning thing though so I will do my all to find out how it’s done (if it even works with blogger) and tell you all how it implement it if you want to.

In stitching news, I’ve finally got around to photographing the piece I finished before heading off to Germany, Purr-dicament. I’ve also completed the Celtic Heart that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago and got a piccy of that too. Both are linked in the Completed Stitching section in the right hand sidebar. I’m now working on the hedgehog for Amanda’s RR which arrived in the post on Monday. I’m having to adjust the design slightly because it’s too tall for the square, but I can leave out part of the design and move another part and I think it will look fine. It’s got to be ready to post by the end of the month so I’d better get on with it!

Thank you for all the ‘pushes’ although Robin seems to want to push me off a cliff. *eep!* I talked it over with Wookie last night and his only argument is that I have, in the past, been not a little smug when I’ve had a day off and he hasn’t. So he’s expecting me to be like that and it’ll annoy him. Now to be honest I probably will be a bit like that to start with, but I like to think that once I get past the first few weeks it’ll become less of a novelty and I won’t do that anymore. So what he said is that he’s not going to stop me doing it but that I should expect some resentment from him to start with, the level of which will depend on my level of smugness about the whole thing. At least he’s got past the whole ‘It’s not fair’ thing. I pointed out to him that he could do it too if he wanted to, but as he pointed out, his finances won’t allow it at the moment. So the next step is to talk to my boss about it. One thing I do need to ask is whether I’ll be allowed to switch back to full-time in the future if I should want to (can’t imagine I will, but you never know), apparently a couple of women where Wookie works went part time and were told that they wouldn’t be able to go back.

Ok this was going to be a short post. I seem to have been rambling a lot lately. Never mind, I’ll try and keep it short and sweet tomorrow.