Friday, April 29, 2005

Stitching round-up

I can’t tell you about the piece I’m working on at the moment as it’s a gift for someone who I think reads my blog. Once it’s been gifted, then you’ll get an explanation.

My last finish was my piece for the UK RR. It’s in the completed section of my sidebar and I’ll try and get that turned into a link to the picture some time this weekend. The theme of my RR is Fantasy Animals in blue and/or purple. I chose Dragon Dreams Fantasy Faire 2005 Ltd Ed design: Imagination Creation. There is actually some wording on the piece but I haven’t decided if I’m going to include it or not. I’ll see how I feel when I get it back sometime in October.

I got some Thread Heaven with one of my orders the other day and I now believe I’ll actually finish Middy. What’s been holding me up is all the dratted metallic stitching in her wings. The rest of her has been finished for ages now but stitching with 3 strands of Krenik blending filament is really not my idea of fun, but Thread Heaven really is heavenly, it tames those metallics and beats them into submission *yay*

Finally, I’ve been a bit lax about the Stitching Bloggers Question recently so here’s me playing catch up…

27/4
Do you set stitching goals

No. I prefer to stitch as and when the mood takes me. Occasionally I will stitch to a deadline such as stitching a piece as a gift for an occasion, or as now when I am in a round robin but other than that it just moves along at it’s own pace.

I think if I set goals and then didn’t achieve them I’d be disappointed, and I’d feel pressured to try and meet them, and quite frankly I have enough of that at work.

20/4
Have you ever been asked to do model stitching? Did you do it? If so, what was your compensation? (money, stash, etc.) If not, why not? If you haven't done it, if you were asked would you? Why or why not?

I haven’t ever been asked. I think it would be fun to do, but I’d only be able to do it if I liked the piece I was stitching. I think I would also want to ask to be able to keep the piece I was stitching as compensation, after all the piccies had been taken obviously, but I don’t know whether designers would like that.

13/4
Do you "stitch with the seasons?" (This could be reflected by the colours that you stitch with, the themes that you choose, or even that during your favourite season you stitch more (or less) than in others.)

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed a seasonal influence on my stitching other than maybe that I spend more time indoors in front of the tv in winter and that’s where I tend to do most of my stitching. So I may stitch more in the winter.