Thursday, March 24, 2005

SBQ and book meme

Ok i'll just gloss over the whole last weekend post thingy...

SBQ

What are your thoughts on craft and/or needlework shows? Have you been to one or are you planning on going to one this year?

I used to go to shows a lot. I looked upon them as places to get cheapo threads and fabric, and as a freshly employed person on meagre salary, anything that made my hard earned cash go further was a good thing.

After a few years I realised I had all the general stash I was going to need and was looking for more unusual or sepcific things that I wasn't finding at the shows. They may have improved since but this was about 8 years ago. So I stopped going and I haven't been inclined to go to one since.

Several UK stitchers are going to Olympia this weekend for some stitching show or other and I have been tempted to go, but it would be to meet up with them rather than visit the show. Unfortunately the one I really wanted to meet is going tomorrow and I have to work tomorrow (Yes I know it's a holiday here in the UK - don't go there).

I do, however, want to visit one of the CATS shows in the US, preferably one that I know the delightful and uber-talented Ms Teresa will be at but that will take a little planning and rather more cash. Maybe next year (maybe this year if I can get my act together)

Book Meme

This is something I found at Theophany

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

Here's mine

I hit hard, skinning my hands and rolling. Lightining torched the night where I had been. The stink of ozone washed over me and the crackle of disrupted air curled in my ears.

Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan