Friday, December 26, 2008

Another stitching finish

I actually finished the stitching on this some time ago, and had it made up and in use, but I didn't consider it properly finished because it still lacked the button in the middle.

A few days ago I braved the nearest town for some last minute Christmas shopping, and because I needed to visit the excellent haberdashery shop in town. It's a great shop, a true haberdashers in the old style. I went in because I needed cotton thread, cord and cord locks for a drawstring bag I was making and they had everything I needed. While I was there I looked through their massive array of buttons and finally settled on one to finish this project off. Actually I bought two buttons but I had a feeling that one of them would be too big, and it was.

So, finally finished finished, my Tribal Sun Biscornu:

Top view:



Side view to show the beaded edge:



The fabric is Sparklies Fire 32 count Lugana (Murano) and the design is Tribal Sun, a Sparklies freebie.

I have also stitched this design to be the cover of a needlecase, and over one for a scissor fob, but neither of them are properly finished yet, so pictures of them will have to wait.