Monday, March 27, 2006

Obsessed

Ok I admit it; I'm just a little baby obsessed at the moment. Well can you blame me? The problem is that I didn't want this blog to turn into a 'mommyblog' but I think I'm just going to have to accept that to a certain extent, it's going to.

I'm feeling a lot better now. No more nausea thank goodness. I still feel a lot more tired than normal and I regularly doze off in front of the telly anytime after 9pm. Now this may seem late to some of you but pre-Ewok it was rare for me to go to bed before midnight.

I'm also finding walking anywhere to be completely exhausting. Even the short walk from work to the tram stop leaves me very out of breath. Of course, it doesn't help that it's a steep uphill climb all the way.

I've decided that I'm going to start my mat leave from work on the 1st August, and so I don't have to be struggling into work in the heat and humidity of summer, I've booked the whole of July off as holiday. So I've only got another 13 weeks to go before I leave *yay* Of course I have to make it through those 13 weeks in one piece first.

Ewok is definitely starting to aggravate my back and hip problems now. I'm getting pains in my hips when I walk which means I can't walk very quickly. Great fun when I'm out with Wookiee and his massive long legs. I struggle to keep up with him normally, at the moment I'm totally stuffed.

Today we made our first purchase for Ewok. Of course it's a toy *grin*. I got a 20% off voucher from the shop in the mail and it expired sometime in April, so I had a look on their website and found this. Both Wookiee and I thought it looked like a great thing for keeping little Ewoks amused and quiet and good value even without the discount, so when we were shopping in town today we popped into the shop and bought it. I had it out and put it together earlier, just to check everything was okay you understand, and it's soooo cute. The little dangling animal toys are adorable and I know there are other items in the range. I foresee more of their things in Ewoks future. However, I suspect that friends and family will more than spoil Ewok with toys, so I’m going to try to save our spending for the essentials from now on. (Hahahahahahaha!)