Friday, March 10, 2006

Lorna’s Question II

Lorna asked me this a couple of weeks ago and I’ve really had to think about it (well that’s my excuse for it taking this long anyway *grin*)

Ok, I've thought of a much more imaginative question.lol
Is there any designer’s work that other stitchers love that you just cannot bring yourself to like and would probably never stitch? (You might want to done flameproof knickers for this one, lol).


Right, this may seem like chickening out, but I can’t think of any specific designers whose work I really dislike. I’ve seen designs that I don’t like and really can’t understand why anyone would like them, but the designers elude me. Probably because I have trouble remembering the names of things that I do like so I wouldn’t go to the trouble of remembering ones that I don’t.

Generally I see a lot of designs that I think are very nice, but I would never stitch them because they’re just not to my taste, for example, most of the Bent Creek designs. Then again, I’ve just finished stitching Swirley Sampler, which is one of theirs that just appealed to me in a way most of their stuff doesn’t.

I’m not sure I’ve really answered the question, but it’s the best I can do.

In other news, I know I have been really bad about posting recently and I now have two memes to complete, from Tarragon and Vics (who seems to think I’m buried under beads), and I promise I will get around to them soon. I have a feeling things will pick up a little after this weekend and I’ll be feeling more chatty when next week rolls around.

Have a good one all.