Thursday, December 01, 2005

SBQ and more snippets

SBQ

I’ve been really bad about not doing the SBQ for weeks now. I’m not even going to try and catch up with all the ones I’ve missed, but here’s the one for this week, and I’ll try and keep up with them in the future.

Do you have rules in the way you stitch? (i.e., Do you start in the middle? Do you determine which blocks to stitch first? Do you always start from the top or the bottom? Do you have special paths to prevent wasting thread?)

I can only think of one thing that you might call an actual rule, all the others are guidelines that I may follow, such as starting in the middle. The one thing I always try and do is stitch the darker colours first and work my way through to the lighter ones. Moreso when there are really dark colours next to really light ones. One exception to this that I can think of was Angel of the Sea. The wings are 2 shades of grey and masses of white. If you stitch the grey first then it leaves you with defined areas that just need to be filled with white and you don’t need to look at the chart again.

More Snippets

In case you were wondering, I am still dieting. My ticker hasn’t changed for weeks because I never change it if I gain weight, and my weight has been up and down like a freaking yo-yo for the last 2 months. This Monday I was able to update it with a new one as I finally managed to surpass my previous best. Unfortunately I haven’t got a hope of achieving my goal of 50lbs down by the end of the year, but I’m determined to be super-good for the next 3 weeks with the reward of a little indulgence over Christmas to look forward to.

I’ve been contemplating starting a new blog, but one where other bloggers send me their contributions and I pop them up there for all to see. The subject matter would be Product Reviews. You simply send me a review of a product you own (anything at all) saying what you like or dislike about the product and whether you would recommend it to others. You would need to give the exact name of the product and say which country you live in, and then give it a rating out of 10. So far I haven’t done it because I wasn’t sure whether people would go for it or not. So what do you think, would you be interested in reading a blog like that? Would you contribute? I had the idea because my toaster is useless and I’d like to get a new one, one that actually toasts the bread evenly all over in one shot. But how do you know if it does or not. I know I could search the Internet for reviews but a lot of them are written by the manufacturers, and they’re hardly going to be objective. So, anyway, let me know what you think and I’ll take it from there.