Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Snippets

Just a bit of everything really...

Azrael was back at the vets on Monday having the wire removed from his jaw. They've really done a fabulous job, you'd never know to look at him now that it had ever been broken.

I also finally found out who it was that found him on that awful morning. One of my neighbours came round to see how he was and they told me who it was. So I was able to go round and thank them. You see not only did they find him and call the RSPCA but they moved him off the road and wrapped him up in a towel, despite him being quite vicious to everyone. According to the vet that is probably what saved his life. So it was good to be able to let them know just how grateful I was, and that he was doing fine.

On the stitching front, I have my Round Robin now. It actually came back a couple of weeks ago. I've restitched my piece and I'm working on the borders. It's my own design of Celtic Knotwork. I didn't stitch it to start with because I wanted to match the colours to the piece. The dilemma I have at the moment is that two of the pieces, which are next to each other, contain exactly the same colours, and I really wanted them to all be different. Not sure how I'm going to get around that one yet. Any suggestions?

I finished knitting my second scarf the other night. It's come out a bit longer than the first one but I think that's because I used slightly larger needles. I'm now working on tension squares before embarking on some real clothes. The last time I tried knitting a jacket it ended up several sizes too large and I'd like to get it right this time. Of course I'm starting with baby clothes, not too much wool wasted if it all goes horribly wrong, and it doesn't take too long to get results. No there's nothing I'm not telling you, it was a suggestion from several other knitters as a good way to practice.

On that front, Wookiee's results finally came back and he's normal, they obviously don't know him very well *smirk* So at last I'm going to be getting the pills I need. Who knows, I may have even better news in the not too distant future.