Thursday, December 08, 2005

On the Wagon

The stash wagon that is.

I’ve been slowly coming to the conclusion that I have to stop buying stitching and knitting stash for the time being. I’m already SABLE* and have been for several years. So I’ve declared my intention to not buy any more stitching or knitting stash, except what I may need to complete current WIP’s, until I have completed my two longest standing WIP’s.

The first and longest of these is Night by TW. I’ve had this on the go now for nigh on 16 years and I’m determined it’s not going to become a UFO, so this is my way of getting on it. The other piece that needs finishing is Middy** by Mirabilia. I finished the plain stitching on this about 3 years ago, but it’s been a-languishing waiting for the metallics and beads to be applied. Since the wings are almost completely stitched in Krenik, and there’s about 10 packs of beads to attach, this is still quite a task.

There is one other exception to the no purchasing rule. I’m allowed to buy fabric and threads for dyeing as long as I sell them on afterwards. I am allowed to keep some of these provided that any profits I make from selling the other pieces, covers the cost of the ones I keep. Seems reasonable doesn’t it.

The main reason for this, is my new won part time worker status. I have 20% less income now, which has put quite a dent in my disposable income, but I’m still buying stash like there’s no tomorrow. I’m putting a stop to it now because my CC is almost clear and I’d like to keep it that way, plus I don’t want this to be viewed as a New Years Resolution, I don’t do those.

So this is me. Ass firmly planted on the wagonbed, and likely to stay that way for a while.



* Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy
** Midsummer Night’s Fairy