Sunday, July 10, 2005

The best laid plans...

Sorry to anyone who's been keeping an eye out here for the next holiday installments. I fully intended to get parts 3 and 4 written and posted over the weekend.

You can blame this lady for me not doing it on Saturday as I spent a fantastic day with her and her man just chilling out and trading life histories. Embarassing photos to come, unless I get forbidden to post them *hee*

As for today, well, what can I say. Not getting out of bed until 1pm didn't help and then I was compelled to start stitching on Celtic Winter, so I've just been veging and stitching most of the day. I did cook up a batch of Funky's Meatloaf Muffins and they are pretty good. I can't seem to get a link to just the post so I'll repeat it here and hope that she forgives me:

Fabulous Meatloaf Muffins

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 box stove top stuffing
1 can rotel (those tomatoes w/chilies) *I recommend MILD*
1/4 cup of egg substitute (you know, old-fart's eggs in a box)
1 cup of water

Smoosh it all together in a big bowl. Place in muffin tins (recipe makes 12) and bake in a 350degree oven for about 30 minutes.

Cool thing about this recipe #1: It's so so so healthy (WW points=2/muffin)
Cool thing about this recipe #2: My kids LOVE them. They eat them all up and beg for more.
Cool thing about this recipe #3: They freeze really really well! Wrap them
individually in freezer-safe wrap. Anytime you want a muffin, pop it out of the
freezer and pop it in the microwave for about 45 seconds (my son did this every
day for two-weeks for his after-school snack. He is 12. And skinny. And a very
picky eater.)


I'd recommend them to any of you who are doing Weight Watchers at the moment. For any of my British readers who are interested in trying them, half a pack of stovetop stuffing mix is 3oz of stuffing mix. I used sage and onion, but I'm thinking of experimenting with other flavours in the future. For the Rotel just use a can of chopped tomatoes and chilli, or use plain chopped tomatoes and add chilli to taste.

** UPDATE **
Gina just pointed out in the comments that I forgot to translate eggs-in-a-box for the UK'ers. It's just dried egg. You probably could substitute real eggs but I couldn't suggest how many or if you'd need to leave out some water. However if you want dried egg then look in the baking section of the supermarket where all the Supercook stuff is, they do a tub of it.

** END OF UPDATE **

I also managed to finish Amanda's hedgehog on Friday and I'll update my Completed Stitching section with a picture of it soon.