Thursday, June 30, 2005

Just a quickie

This is my last post for a few days as I'm off on my jollies tomorrow. I'll be back on Tuesday but chances are my next post will be Wednesday unless I decide to be really organised and actually post some holiday pics straight away.

So behave yourselves while I'm gone, and here's this weeks SBQ to keep you going...

When starting a new project, do you start in the middle? If you do, once you've worked down to the bottom, do you turn your chart and fabric around so that you are stitching the top section downwards again or do you just stitch upwards from the middle?

I actually tend to start stitching with the darkest colour that is closest to the middle of the piece and then work outwards from there, but not in any specific direction. Because I work in a hoop I work on filling the hoop as much as possible before moving it to a new section. I've certainly never worked with the chart upside down and I only ever work with the hoop upside down if I'm using a big hoop and I can't stretch my hand across it comfortably, then I'll turn it until I can support the area I'm stitching with the hand that's holding the hoop, without getting cramp.

Until Weds...