Friday, May 20, 2005

Book Meme

I've been tagged for this by a Total Loony

Total number of books I’ve owned:
That would be lots, and lots, and lots, and lots….. I’m pretty sure I currently own in the region of 1500 paperbacks and 200+ hardbacks. I very rarely get rid of books unless I know for sure I’ll never ever want to read them again or I couldn’t actually finish them in the first place. I’ve maybe given away 100 books in my life. I’ve still got all my teenage books, and do occasionally pick them up for a read.

The last book I bought:
Was Earthsea by Ursula K LeGuin . Unfortunately this was also the book that was in my bag when it was stolen, so I’m going to have to buy it again soon.

The last book I read:
If you look in my sidebar there’s actually a list of the last 20 books I’ve read and the one I’m currently reading, but for the sake of the meme, the last one I finished was The Spell Sword by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It’s one of her Darkover books that I’m slowly working my way through again.

5 books that mean a lot to me:
These are the five that are primarily responsible for my love of fantasy and, to a lesser degree, science fiction. Although I can’t include it because it’s not really a book, the BBC Radio play of Lord of the Rings was also a major factor in this.
Dragonlance Chronicles – Margaret Weiss & Tracey Hickman
Mists of Avalon – Marion Zimmer Bradley
Number of the Beast – Robert Heinlein
Dragonflight – Anne McCaffrey
A Spell for Chameleon – Piers Anthony

Tag 5 people and have them fill this out on their blogs:
I think I’m going to struggle to find five people here. I’ll definitely tag Plush because she reads a lot and I don’t think she’s done this yet. Shannon, as an author herself I’d be interested to see what she reads. Snowball, not sure if she reads much but this is one way of finding out. Vics definitely reads, she’s been pinching ideas from me, so consider yourself tagged too sweets. I can’t decide on another one so if you want to do this and I haven’t already tagged you then consider yourself tagged, just leave me a comment so I know you’ve done it.