Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Misc scritchings

Thank you to everyone for the good wishes for my improved heath or my birthday. Apologies for being so grousy recently, I hate being ill.

Baiting update

So far the google-baiting hasn’t yielded any results, however I don’t know how often the google-spiders do their crawly thing to update the indices, so it could be that the recent spate of baiting terminology hasn’t yet made it into search-central (so you may still win that bet Sooz!).

Just to get the search engines juiced up here are a few amusing things said or overheard in my office over the years (I.T. department)...

[Cleaning Lady] Mavis, where did you put the mop? I need to do my back passages!

[Helpdesk log] Take insurance marker off {customer name} so that user can execute the customer

I think this one says it all for the I.T. geek steriotype:
[Developer 1] I thought the ZX Spectrum was wonderful when I first had mine.
[Developer 2] And then you discovered girls...?
[Developer 1] No, I stuck with my Spectrum!

[Team Leader] What do you mean cream cheese and bananas have nothing to do with sex?

[User] Could it be a rounding error because it’s only out by forty pounds?

[I.T. Manager] RPG – how do you spell that?

Big extensions

Architect guy came to visit yesterday and listened to all my mad plans for global domination extending the house. DBF has always wanted a pool room (for a pool table, not a swimming pool) and I said he could have one here. I need a workshop for my jewellery smithing, with a proper workbench and somewhere safe to keep the butane cylinder and the dangerous chemicals. I also want a bigger kitchen, all of which adds up to quite a lot of work (and money) so now we’ll wait and see what the chappie comes up with.

Stitching news

I was a little optimistic about being able to start stitching on my RR piece last night. The marking up is taking longer than I thought, but I should get it finished tonight and then I will be able to start the stitching.

Flabby & frilly

I had a text from my bestest chum from school on Sunday wishing us a Happy Birthday (she and I share the day and the year, and we used to look alike and managed to pass ourselves off as twins on several occasions, if you’re really really good I may be able to produce pictures) so I responded with a ditto and a few queries about her life at the moment including her wedding plans (she’s getting married next May). Originally she and DF were hoping to run off to Vegas, but it seems her family is none too keen on the idea (surprise; not really, knowing her folks) so I’m definitely stuck with the position of chief flouncy confection wearer. Not that I don’t want to do this for her, after all she did it for me, and I won’t let her get away with making me wear some sort of meringue, but now I really need to bust a gut losing weight. Ok that sounds wrong on some level, but it’s staying.

And finally…

There seem to be a lot of people having birthdays at the moment, and most of them are bemoaning getting old, myself included, so when I found this quiz on Whiz’s blog I decided to see what it would make of me and I’m quite pleased. It’s got me considerably lower than my actual age. So next time someone accuses me of not acting my age I can agree with them *hee*





You Are 24 Years Old

24

Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.

13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.

20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!

40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.