Monday, November 29, 2004

Stitching Blogger's QOTW

Do you know it all or is there something out in the stitching world you still want to know how to do?

I think I've pretty much tried all the stitchy things I want to. That's not to say I'm any good at them or that I've spent as much time on them as I'd like to. A good example is the piece I'm stitching at the moment. It contains a lot of speciality stitches including hardanger, which I have tried before, many years ago. Now I'm really enjoying this piece but it's not something I would stitch for myself and that's true for most designs using hardanger, they're just not me. The same goes for ribbon embroidery (there's some of that in this piece as well.)

Something I used to do years ago was bargello or florentine. I really love the shadings you get with this type of work, but again, I'd stitch a piece and then just not know what to do with it, I only need so many needlecases and pincushions =) and it's not the sort of work you can frame and hang on the wall.