Sunday, May 03, 2009

More Stitching

Another finish from a couple of days ago. This piece is destined to be part of a larger wallhanging being created as a group project with many other stitchers. It should all be finished by the beginning of June, so hopefully I will be able to share pictures of the finished piece then.




This is based on mini-kit called Lone Fisherman from Permin, however I've messed with it quite a lot. Removed the fisherman, extended the design to fit a larger square, reversed it and, most obviously, coloured it. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out in the end.

I actually have the kit and two others (Country Lane and Off the Rocks) which I plan on stitching from the kits and then making up into something with a bit of patchwork. At the moment I'm leaning towards making each one the centre of a small log cabin block and then either stitching them all together bellpull style, or making them into individual mini pillows.