Sunday, March 29, 2009

The saga continues...

Well he knows what he's doing now, but it's still a bit hit and miss as to whether he makes it to the loo in time or not. Yesterday he only had a couple of accidents, today there were more accidents than successess.

Tomorrow is going to be his first big test as we have Tumble Tots in the morning and Sure Start Stay & Play in the afternoon. His old changing bag is already packed with several changes of pants and trousers, there's more trousers in his travel box in the car and a piece of disposable changing mat in his car seat. Neither event is more than a 10 min drive away, so fingers crossed he will be fine travelling. My main worry is that I haven't managed to get a folding loo seat yet, so he'll have to balance on the big seats, which isn't a problem as long as he only needs to pee...

Nighttimes are what's killing me. He hasn't had a dry night yet, and when he wakes up wet in the middle of the night, it's not being woken up and having to go and clean up that's the problem, it's that he then won't let me leave him again for at least 30 mins, usually not until he's deeply enough asleep that I can creep out of his room without disturbing him. On top of that I'm having to wake up 1.5-2 hrs earlier than I used to, to try and be up before he wakes up, so I can get to hom and get him to the toilet before he wets the bed while he's waking up. Although to be fair, this morning he woke up before my alarm woke me, and he'd managed to get out of bed before losing it, but not onto the loo.

So I haven't had an unbroken nights sleep for the last 6 nights, not more than 5 hours total on any night, and I have to be alert and vigilant all day long. I'm about dead on my feet now.