Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Stitching update

Over the weekend I finished the piece I was working on. It's Shroomhilde from Dimples Designs. I love the whimsical nature of this design. It's not huge and it stitched up quite quickly, although the border is completely backstitched in metallic thread, which was tortuous to do. It was supposed to be done in #4 Krenik, but since I stitched it on 32 count instead of 28, I decided to use blending filament instead, and Thread Heaven can only do so much.

Anyway, here's the finished piece, stitched on SMF First Kiss 32 count linen:

(Click for a bigger image)

I've now started stitching on Fairy Tale Sampler by Dragon Dreams. This time I'm stitching it on a piece of my own hand-dyed fabric, a colour I created especially for this design, so I called it Fairy Tale. In fact the piece I'm using is called Sparkling Fairy Tale because it's an opalescent fabric. I thought it was about time I used one of my own fabrics to stitch something and so far it's looking good.

(Click for a bigger image)

The opalescence doesn't show up very well on the scan unfortunately.

Now for the shameless plug. There's another piece of this fabric and a non-opalescent version, along with several other new colours, in my shop - Sparklies UK. Just clicky on the linky to see them.