Friday, December 16, 2005

More charity work...

Ok this time I'm hoping that you, my wonderful and generous readers, will put your hands in your pockets.

This e-mail came out to us at work this morning from one of the guys in my department:

Hi all

A while ago I wrote a short story called "The Call", a slightly spooky Christmas tale in the same mould (if not of the same quality!) as Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". Some of you may have seen an earlier draft copy. I was going to mail it out as a kind of Christmas gift this week, but then I got a better idea.

Why not sell copies and give the proceeds to charity? It is Christmas after all!

So that's what I've done. I've put it up for a very cheap "buy it now" on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going to the Sheffield Children's Hospital.

Here's a linky to the auction

I haven't read the story myself yet but I have it from others that have, that it's a good read. It's only £1.50 (just shy of $3.00) and you get your copy via email, so no delays in the xmessy post :)

For interest, here's a link to the Sheffield Childrens Hospital Charity website.

Whether you want to buy this or not, a link to this post would be wonderful too.