Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Poorly Kitty and poorly kitty

That’s Azrael and I. My back is better today than it was on Thursday and Friday but it’s still worse than usual. Last Sunday (23rd) someone rear-ended me at the lights as I was taking Azrael to the vet for a check-up, they didn’t hit me very hard but it was quite a jolt and must have set my back off. It got steadily worse through the week until Thursday when I was having trouble walking, and sitting at a computer all day would have been out of the question. I hoped that taking the day off would help ease the pain, but although it got better during the day, come Friday it was worse than ever.

Fortunately I already had an appointment with my osteopath for Saturday morning and he was able to move the two worst offenders in my lower back, which has eased the pain considerably, and I have another appointment for 2 weeks time for him to sort the rest of it out. I will be putting in an injury claim on the accident claim. I’m not holding my breath that I get very far with it, but it’s worth a try. More worryingly, although the other driver is insured and gave over all his details, he hasn’t actually reported the accident to his insurers, which is holding up the process of getting it confirmed as third party fault from my point of view.

As for my idiot cat, well he’s firmly convinced he’s cured and was giving me the runaround in the living room on Friday night. He managed to get up on the windowsill somehow but then lost his balance (he’s still not that steady on his paws) and fell off again. I’m now worried that he may have dislocated his hip again. He’s limping more heavily again. When I move his leg around gently he doesn’t seem to be in too much pain but feeling around the joint and comparing it to the other side, it just doesn’t feel right. So we’re off to the vets again tonight to get him checked.

The vet did say that with a dislocation there’s a 50/50 chance that it will keep popping out in the future. She also said that if that does happen, there is an operation they can do to remove a part of the bone in the joint that will stop it from happening again, but I don’t know what impact that will have on his mobility. I’ll just have to wait and see if it has come out again.

Anyway, I’m sure you’re all waiting with bated breath for the rest of the holiday story, so I promise I’ll finish it tomorrow.