Thursday, January 27, 2005

Weighing day

Well I finally did it. I joined Weight Watchers again. It’s been a few years since the last time and I have three reasons to lose weight this time. First I have a chronically bad back which will be helped immensely if I can shed a few pounds. Second is that I’m TTC at the moment and I know if I have problems the first thing the doctors will point the finger at is my weight. Finally my best friend from school, who was chief bridesmaid at my wedding, called me just before the holidays to say that she is getting married in May 2006 and wants me to be her chief bridesmaid, which is great. Then she tells me that some of our old friends from when we were kids (please note: thin kids) will be there as well, none of whom have seen me since I was 18 (and thin!).

So as previously mentioned my first goal is to lose 50lbs by the end of 2005. My current weight is a little more than I expected (sob!). No I’m not going to tell you, so don’t ask. Let’s just say I’m definitely obese and leave it at that.

So today was my first weighing which means that next Thursday (hopefully) I’ll be able to play with my ticker for the first time.

If there are any other dieters reading this I will be posting my core diet meal recipe tomorrow. It’s Stoo, look out for it, it’s great. I’ll try and put it in UK and US language and measures, but if someone from the US can tell me what scale of measures you use for recipes that would help =)