Wednesday, January 05, 2005

New Year

Well I survived it all, just.

Apologies to anyone (if there is anyone) who reads on a regular basis, for the lack of posts over the holidays. The reason for the dearth of information is that I do not yet have broadband access at home (only 7 days to go!!!). I have been using the connection at work to keep up to date, but I've been on holiday for two weeks and therefore not using the computer very much at all.

I'll write more details over the next few days but suffice it to say that we had a very quiet and drunken christmas day and just about managed to survive being stuffed like turkeys at his folks house on boxing day - his dad thinks that if there's fresh air within 2 inches of the surface of your plate then there's not enough food on it, and not only are you expected to clear your plate, you are expected to eat dessert afterwards.

New Years eve was a drunken and riotous evening at our house with four very good friends, marred only by the fact of me being on call (not so drunken for me) and actually being called at 1:30am and then again at 7:50am after only 1.5 hours sleep. However I made it through with my on-call mantra: 'Think of the money'

Happy New Year everyone!